One Door Press is an online publishing company, publishing short stories, fiction, and non-fiction books. All our of our publications are listed with various large and international retailers to reach a wide audience. Our list of publications vary but do include fiction novels, short stories, technical books, blogging books, and resource books.
We are very selective in what we publish so we only have a few publications every year. We strive to be an educational and entertaining publishing company, not one that strives for production on a massive scale.
At One Door Press, we work with the author all the way through the publishing phase. While the author is responsible for the book idea, we work with the author to make sure the book is ready for the mass market. Here are some of the things we do:
- The planning phase: At One Door Press, we pride ourselves on the planning phase. We want to make sure that the book is one that we can stand behind and one that the author is proud of. We are selective in what we choose to publish and the planning phase helps us find the right project.
- Printing: One Door Press works with reputable printers. We only print paperback books to keep printing costs down and sales prices for our readers.
- Tablet configuration: Authors also get their books converted to e-books. E-books have to be configured and formatted to hundreds of e-readers, tablets, and phones, so this is often the biggest part of the publishing process.
- Distribution: Once the book is printed and has been converted to an e-book, it’s time to distribute it. Check out who we work and why in the next section.
- Marketing: Like any other major publishing house, we focus on marketing after publication. However, we also ask that the author markets their books – like any other major publishing house.
To get the best results possible, we only work with the best resellers on the market. In Canada, we work with Amazon.ca and Kobo, the e-book platform run by Chapters Indigo. In the United States, we sell on Amazon.com, and Barnes & Noble.
On an international scale, you will find all of our publications listed on Apple’s iTunes – or iBooks where applicable. Depending on the country, you can find the books for digital purchase on Apple’s platform. Here, we list our books in over 100 countries. All of our publications are in English.
At One Door Press, we make sure to only work with a few publications at a time and we work with just one book at a time to ensure the biggest success possible. By only working with one book at a time, we have a higher chance of pushing a bestseller to the top of the charts. We find that this is the best strategy compared to balancing several books that only get mediocre treatment and attention.